The iPhone camera has been both maligned and praised for it's effect on digital photography. But the popularity of the iPhone has made it ubiquitus, and it is having a definite effect on the way people take pictures today. This is a gallery of photos that I have taken that showcase some of the features and limitations of the iPhone as a photographic tool. All of these pictures were taken with an iPhone camera and edited exclusively with apps available on the iPhone.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Abandoned



This image is inspired by an exhibition of old photographs that I saw on the Library of Congress website, "Bound for Glory: America in Color, 1939-1943" which can be seen here. I wanted to emulate the style I had seen in these old photos. This old building was the perfect subject to capture the feel of a depression era farm. For this image I used Pro HDR to take the picture, the reason behind that choice was that there was bright sun that day making for a high contast image. When using the standard camera app the front of the building was cast in very dark shadows and no detail could be seen. By using Pro HDR I was able to even out the contrast and pull up the finer details in the scene. I then processed the image in Lo-Mob to give it that old film look. I think this photo would fit right in with the Library of Congress collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment